rjpoirier, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ , MCTS, MCITP certified with 6 + years hands on experience.

Visit, too many pattern attempts!

too many pattern attempts! visit, have done this but can't find account on this site either. Grandson of 2 played with eeepad and now it has locked me out. How can I reset the tablet?
Category: Email
Expert:  rjpoirier replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question
At this point you will have to do a hard reset
Please follow these steps to reset the device

Press and hold the power button and the down volume button for 10-20 seconds. If it doesn't start after this try to hold the power button for 4-6 seconds and let go. You may have to repeat this process.

JACUSTOMER-f2irftp0- :
I have done this and it has returned the too many pattern attempts screen What now?

R.J. Poirier :
Okay. Please do this

Turn off the transformer that you just . Turn on the transformer by pressing the power button and volume down button. Once the transformer displays some texts on the upper left hand corner, release the buttons. Then, the transformer will display 2 options: wipe data and start Linux. Press the volume down button on the transformer to select the wipe data option and then volume up button to choose that option.

JACUSTOMER-f2irftp0- :
OK now do I just follow the prompts?

R.J. Poirier :

JACUSTOMER-f2irftp0- :
Ok I haven't created a new Google account will do this later thanks for your help! cheers