Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience:  I have Pop3, Imap, and Mobile Email experience to share.
19897260

Getting Error messages "Tiny" User Card"Encountered a problem

Getting Error messages "Tiny" User Card"Encountered a problem while trying to load. "News" encountered a problem while trying to load.
Category: Email
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name isXXXXX will assist you with your email issues today!

What type of computer are you using, a mac or a pc?

Also, what program are you trying to run when you get these messages?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a HP Vista pc and problem occurs when I run Yahoo.com. Also the "News" portion does not load
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Thanks.

One more question, when you go to yahoo.com, are you using internet explorer, mozilla firefox, chrome?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am using both, but error messages appear only in IE.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Thanks!!

Lets repair IE then..

1. tart Internet Explorer.
  2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.

3. On the Advanced tab, click Reset under Reset Internet Explorer settings.

4. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset to confirm.

Then, restart the computer.. and then try Internet explorer again.. Still getting those error messages?

To get back to me..

Come back to Justanswer.com

On the top right, click login. use the same email address you used to ask this question.

Once logged in.

On the top right,, click on my questions. And you will see our question listed there.

Simply click our question, and send me a response!

Or, you can find any of my replies in your email, click on it and it will bring you back to Justanswer.com, and this specific question we are working on together!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry for the delay, my computer locked up when I tried to copy your instructions.

Reset IE, but problem still exists.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did you get my message?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

AnserGuy81

Are you getting my messages or have we lost contact?

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for getting back to me.. I was on my lunch break, which is now over. ( hence the delay in my response)

Ok, lets try the following next..

This is an error in the actual update engine on your computer. lets try to repair it

Step 1

click start, all programs, accessories, right click command prompt..

click run as admin

type in

sfc /scannow ( with only one space before the / ) and then hit enter

Once this is finished. Please do the following.

Please go to the link below and download the free version of malwarebytes.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

You will have to click through a few windows, make sure to only download malwarebytes, As their are several other programs on the download pages that says.. download me!! Read carefully, and only download malwarebytes..

the file name that will download is called mbamsetup.exe

Click Download, and then click save.. It will download and save the file..

Once downloaded, Run the file we just downloaded to install it..

Once installed,, Start malwarebytes ( it will be a M icon on your desktop)

Have it do a fullscan.

Let me know if it finds any infected objects.. before removing what it finds.. Dont close malwarebytes when its finished. Leave it open. Have it remove any problems it finds.. Then restart t he computer.

Then, test Internet explorer again. Still getting the same error?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
After 2 hours of scanning by Malwarebytes, One malicious software entry showed up as follows: Registry data(in red) PUM.Hijack.Start (vendor).
HKCU\SOFTEWARE\MicrosoftWindows\curr...Bad(0)Good(1).

Should I delete it?
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Yes please..

then restart the computer..

We need to reset Internet explorer again..

S
  1. tart Internet Explorer.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Deleted malicious Software, reset internet options and restarted computer. Problem still exists.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
lets try this next..

Please press the windows key on your keyboard , hold it down, and press R

type in msconfig and press enter.

on the very top tab,on the right section, click on startup, then on the bottom click disable all..

then click apply, then click ok.. Now.. restart the computer..

Still getting those errrors?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
disabled msconfig and restarted computer, problem still exists.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Can you verify for me that we completed the step below?

click run as admin

type in

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Cannot tell if you received my last message. Ran scan and received message of some corrupt files that could not be fixed .
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Hmm..

Do you happen to have a Windows Vista Install cd by chance?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
After 7 years, I will have to search to see if I can find it.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
If you cant find it, we will have to try a different repair then what I had in mind..

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Cannot find vista install cd. It probably was already installed when I purchased the computer.

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Thanks.

Lets keep trying then.

next step

click the link below

http://www.surfright.nl/en/hitmanpro

Download the hitman pro software.. Then install it.. Then run the software.

Have it do a one time scan.. when it finds any problems, once its done have it remove them by clicking next.

It may askyou to activate the free 30 day license before it will remove the malicious items.

Afterwards, restart the computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm back. To recap: Yahoo works fine in Mozilla and Chrome, but receive error messages in IE.Ran sfc/scannow and found some corrupted files. It fixed some, but could not fix PUM.Hijack.start (vendor),HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft Windows|curre...

Ran a full scan on Malwarebytes and found no problems.Ran hitmanpro and found only cookies, no malware.

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the recap..

Can you start IE.. and check the help, about Internet explorer..

And let me know what version of internet explorer you have..

Thanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I cant get IE help, but I remember seeing somewhere that it is version 6.0.6002.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Thanks.

lets try downloading a newer version, as that may solve the issue.

you can download the newest version from here..

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/downloads/ie

once downloaded, make sure to install it.. And then restart the computer and test IE.

Still getting the same error?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Downloaded IE 9. Problem solved,thank you for your expert help.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Your very welcome.

If you need anything further, Please let me know.

If your satisfied that we were able to solve the problem, please click the green accept button to show that my assistance worked.

In the future if you need anything you can ask me specifically your questions at my profile link on Just Answer..

Make sure to ask the question through the box on my page, and also, Start it with For D.Sandlin Only

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-dsandlin/
Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience: I have Pop3, Imap, and Mobile Email experience to share.