Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.

I desperately need to reactivate my hotmail email address to

I desperately need to reactivate my hotmail email address to complete my paypal payments I currently have 40 ebay customers who cant pay for their goods as my account has been deactiveated and I didn't realise. please please can you help?

Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 4 years ago.

I'm sorry about your hotmail account issue. You've tried to reset your hotmail account password XXXXX, but it did not work. There is another way to recover your hotmail account.

Please submit the windows live/hotmail recovery form at

1.) Enter your hotmail address and another email address that you currently have access to, then click on Continue. If you don't have another working email address, you can create one at

2.) Fill out as much information as possible, and click on Continue.

3. Then you will be given a PIN and a link to the windows live/hotmail forum. Please note that down and bookmark/add to favorite that link to the forum.

4.) Then you will receive an email from Microsoft/Hotmail that allows to reset your hotmail email password and security question/answer.

It might take more than a day to process the request, but you should be able to recover your hotmail account with enough provided information.

Please let me know if you have any further question. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have tried to sign in with my user ID but it keeps saying that it is incorrect when I know that it isn't. I know that I didn't use the account for ages but it should recognise this. I have tried to make a new account with the old details but it gives an error message saying that it is assigned to another account.
Since the account has not been used for a long time, hotmail/microsoft has de-activated it (they won't make any used ID available for creating a new account.)

Can you submit the windows live/hotmail recovery form at the website ?

Thank you.