Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist
Experience:  I have 7+ years of experience in fixing emails issues.
33602187

Cant remember gmail password XXXXX dont know answer to security

Customer Question

Can't remember gmail password XXXXX don't know answer to security question. Can't activate phone without it.
Category: Email
Expert:  Sandy replied 4 years ago.

sandy :

Hello My Friend, Welcome to Just Answer.com. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Microsoft- Certified Technician and will assist you today.

sandy :

It seems that your gmail account has been hacked by someone and he/she changed the password XXXXX options. In this case, you need to report to Gmail by filling up the recovery form:

Please open the link below and fill up Account recovery form:

https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/knowledgetest

Thanks.

sandy :

Message from Expert, Sandy(Me)

Please let me know if you need further help.

Please click the ACCEPT button as this is only I am compensated for my time, work and efforts.

JACUSTOMER-yzbtlpa9- :

We came to that same conclusion ourselves, however, my daughter set up the account and she doesn't remember the key question answer or the details. We've contacted Google. They've asked for more info. Charged us another $3 and we still don't have a new password. We've set up a new gmail for him so he can get into his apps on his phone --but, now were messed up with the Barns and Noble that used his old gmail account. We'll have to get that change there as well and past experience tells me we'll lose the purchases on his Nook. As much as I'd like to hit accept, given I've had to now pay you and also pay Google and I still don't have a resolution, I'm not ready to do that.

sandy :

Google does not charge $3 for support.

sandy :

Google will get back to you soon.

sandy :

thanks.

JACUSTOMER-yzbtlpa9- :

Yes, they do charge $. When I posted the info on that form, they sent me a note saying they needed more info and then charged me $3 and told me I had to wait 3-5 business days for a response.

sandy :

yes, there is no other way..

sandy :

Please wait for 3-5 days..

sandy :

and Google will get back to me.

sandy :

Since it Google account, none can help you except them.

sandy :

Please wait and watch

sandy :

Have a good day.

sandy :

Please scroll down and click the green Accept button so I can get compensated for my time

JACUSTOMER-yzbtlpa9- :

I knew there was a good reason I don't like computers!! Thanx for your help. Peace.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I used the password XXXXX sent and changed it.. but, the gmail account is the one in trouble not this one. Have I reset my road runner password? If so, I'm going to be really upset.
I need XXXXXXXX @gmail.com reset not XXXXXXXX @twcny.rr.com. I gave you this address, since it is active and I know the password XXXXX or my wife does -- it's her account!! and her Master Card.
Expert:  Sandy replied 4 years ago.
We are not Gmail. We are justanswer.

I am a Microsoft certified tech. We provide the help to direct the customer in right direction.

I understand you are not able to login into your Gmail account.

You need to do the following:

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I've already done that -- twice. They've just responded back that I didn't give them enough info -- so cough up another $3 and provide more info -- which I don't have -- which is why we're in this mess in the first place. I've already hit accept on your answer from this weekend -- do you want me to hit it again and risk getting charged again? At this point I'm ready to throw in the towel. I'm going to Barnes and Noble tomorrow and switching the gmail account on my hubby's nook...and the old account can just sink into oblivion. I'm going to have the answer to his secret question tatooed to his forehead so he won't ever lose it again!! As far as his password XXXXX I made that up and I wrote it down. Just for revenge, I'm deleting my Google toolbar from my IE. So there!! I feel better now. I do appreciate your help and understand you can't interfere with the Google gawds. My frustration is that every bit of info costs money and none of it has resolved my problem. Sorry for venting. Peace.
Expert:  Sandy replied 4 years ago.
Please do not Accept again.

I understand how much inconvenience this has caused to you.
Due to insufficient information(as per Google), they are not able to restore the account. Google does not provide the phone support for this as it is free email account.

"I'm going to Barnes and Noble tomorrow and switching the gmail account on my hubby's nook...and the old account can just sink into oblivion. I'm going to have the answer to his secret question tatooed to his forehead so he won't ever lose it again!!Laughing"

Thank you.