Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Email expert with over 5 years experience
50836188

Suddenly people are not getting my emails. If I send out a

Suddenly people are not getting my emails. If I send out a blanket message to 10 people, only about half get the message. Doesn't matter if they're verizon.net, yahoo.com, or comcast. Doesn't seem any ryme or reason. I checked with Verizon, and they said I was not on a blocked list for spam. Should I just change my email address and start over again?
Category: Email
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you,

How many emails are you sending out daily?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
josh, are you getting a reply from me - besides this?????
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Please reply back here with any information
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I replied at length, but it must not have gone through. To repeat - I don't send out that many daily. But, on Friday's I send out the church newsletter to about 275 on distribution lists of 50 or less. I wait one hour in between each sending.
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
That is strange - You are within the limits of your email provider for daily limits.

When you send out recently is it the same email addresses that are having issues or is it random?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
For sure verizon.net is a problem. I've checked with about 6-8 people with that address and they're not getting anything from me. But now I'm finding comcast and some yahoo are not going through, so the ones besides verizon seem random. Not all comcast are a problem. Hope that makes sense.
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
It is possible that those email providers have listed you as a spam sender. Are you able to check with the users to see if your emails are sent to their SPAM folder instead of inbox?

Also, do you receive any emails stating the emails do not go through?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OMG I'm not even sure who doesn't get my newsletter at this point - 275 people!!! But I've asked a few people, and they have not marked me spam. If the newsletter goes into spam, I guess it means everything sent from me besides the newsletter also doesn't go through.

And I get nothing stating that the emails do not go thru. Verizon assured me that would happen if I got marked spam, and I told them it doesn't happen. I didn't get a notification when it happened a year ago.

Why would it suddenly go to spam for so many people - all verizon.net. The people on the list want the newsletter!!! They signed up for it.
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Even if the clients/customers do not mark you as Spam, the message can still go to their SPAM folder.

I completely understand they want the newsletter but Verizon or any other email provider does not know if the users want emails from that person. When an email account sends a bunch of emails; their software can mark you as SPAM or a couple of the users may have marked you as SPAM and it alerted their provider that it is possible you are a spam sender.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm not satisfied with your answer. Would it make sense to create a new email address? And how can I avoid this in the future.
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry that you are not happy with a 100% answer. I know it can be upsetting but it would not be fair to myself or you to sugarcoat anything.

You can create a new email address but it is possible in the future the same thing can happen. It is either the email provider or users reporting you as Spam.

Since email addresses are free; I would create a new account and send from there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You have not been able to help me. This happened to me a year ago, and I must have talked with about 6 experts and finally one helped me. He told me to make the list only 50 people and allow an hour in between. I've gone a full year with no problems, and now it's affecting verizon and comcast. I don't think you know how to fix this so would it make sense to go to another tech person???? Based on my last experience, that would make sense.
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Please do not insult me - I have told you how the situation can happen and how to resolve the issue. This is my career and if I was unable to help you, I would certainly OPT out and let another expert help you.
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience: Email expert with over 5 years experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Josh, how can you suggest I insulted you!!! I'll accept your answer, but you didn't fix anything for me.
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
If your email account is listed as SPAM with an email provider then there is no "fix" for the situation