Cris
Cris, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Specialize in email support.
10156100

"Save to desktop" option is gone. how can i get that back

"Save to desktop" option is gone. how can i get that back?

Thanks for contacting JustAnswer.com I am Cris.

What operating system are you using?

XP, Vista, or Windows 7?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi, Windows 7. I had the option and it is now gone.

On the taskbar bottom right locate the clock. To the right of the clock there is a small rectangular box.

Click on it that is the show desktop button on the taskbar.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
That is not it. I go to Outlook, find a message with an attachment. Click on attachment and "save to", I have choices. The choice I want is "Save to desktop" which is no longer an option. That is the problem I am having. Saving an attachment to desktop. Also, when I send a message and want to attach something from my desktop, I don't have the option.
What email service are you using?

Also what web browser?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Microsoft Outlook, Windows 7, and I have 4 different email services, that isn't the issue.
In outlook, you when you right on the attachment you don't have Save As option?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
YES, I have "save as" option, so I can save as doc or ppt or excel, but I DON'T have the option to "save to desktop".
You don't have the left pane on the browse window. You are not able to navigate to the desktop?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have the left pane, BUT the desktop option on the left pane is gone. How can we add it back?
Do you have favorites on the left pane?

Can you double click on it?

If so then desktop option should appear.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have favories on left MAIL pane, and I double click, (I've tried this before too), but NO, desktop does not appear.
Do the follow:

Click on the windows logo start button.

Click on the C: drive then Users folder.

Open "your" user folder, then click on "Desktop".

Once you at the desktop, right click on "Favorites" on the left pane and select "Add this current location to Favorites".

You should now see the desktop as a option under favorites.
Cris, Computer Enthusiast
Experience: Specialize in email support.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
YES, it worked, thank you very much!
Great!

Glad I was able to help you resolve your issue.

If you have any further PC questions in the future save my profile link to your favorites so you can reach my directly.

Thank you,

Cris

Click here>>> JustAnswer - ITTechQ&A