Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Email expert with over 5 years experience

Hotmail is not working properly. I am running it from IE (not

Hotmail is not working properly. I am running it from IE (not Chrome, as seems to be problematic for many people, but not my issue). Regardless of what function I try to do (delete messages, go to the "Sent" folder, go to earlier pages or sort by name) I keep getting kicked back to the most recent page of the in-box. Sometimes if I continue to persist in my efforts I finally get to where I'm going, but I have yet to get to anything older than page 2 of my inbox and can't get beyond page 1 of my "Sent" box. When trying to delete messages, my first effort will always fail but it usually deletes fine after the first failure. This problem started about four months ago and IS ONLY AN ISSUE ON MY LAPTOP. There is no problem with Hotmail on any other computer.
Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you,

Do you have Windows XP, Vista or 7?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Josh: It's either Vista or 7, how can I tell. (Too long since anyone's asked or since I last had to check. I'm using an Acer computer that was purchased in 2009.)
It is OK, the steps are the same for Vista/7

Note: Please press CTRL+D on your keyboard to save this page as a favorite/bookmark or return through your email links if you setup your email address with Justanswer. The steps below will cause you to lose connection with our chat for a couple of minutes.

1. Exit all programs, including Internet Explorer (Including our chat)

click Start

Type the following command in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER:

The Internet Options dialog box appears.

1. Click the Advanced tab.
  2. Under Reset Internet Explorer settings, click Reset. Then click Reset again.
  3. When Internet Explorer finishes resetting the settings, click Close in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box.
  4. Start Internet Explorer again.

Check to see if you can operate in Internet Explorer now