Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Email Expert
Experience:  20+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE. Master Certified Email Engineer.
23511658

My sbcglobal email account is not working

My sbcglobal email account just quit working, but my spouses email at sbcglobal continues to work. ATT is no help. Cant reset   password   or sign in. Any ideas?

Category: Email
Expert:  replied 3 years ago.

Hello. My name is Michael.
How do you currently access your email?
Do you go directly to the web site, or are you using software on your desktop?

Customer :
Usually via Outlook 2007 or iPhone 4g, but someitmes directly from yahoo mail page on internet.

MichaelHannigan :
What happens when you go to the login page below?

Login - att.net Yahoo!Are you able to log in there?

Customer :
enter username and password; get a message back that it doesn't recognize one or the other

MichaelHannigan :
Oh... good... I was just reading. You're going to be easy to work with.
I know you've been through this, but what happens when you go to the password reset?
Does it send you to AT&T or to Yahoo?

Customer :
Goes to att login page - returns Invalid ID or password.
Please try again using your full Email.

MichaelHannigan :
Ok.. from here, this gets extraordinarily complicated.
Complements of AT&T and Yahoo so please bear with me.

Customer :
I can access account link goes back to ATT page

MichaelHannigan :
Can you log into your AT&T account?

Customer :
If it was easy, everyone would do it?

MichaelHannigan :
Everyone is supposed to be able to!

Customer :
like the Account Manager account?

MichaelHannigan :
Yes.

Customer :
Yes. it picks up my wireless account information.

MichaelHannigan :
When you log into that, are you using a username that ends in sbcglobal.net?

Customer :
no...my wireless number

MichaelHannigan :
Ok... does your email address that you use end in sbcglobal.net?

Customer :
yes the longer story...
We had sbc phone service and DSL years ago. ATT purchased SBC. We bundled phone, DSL, wireless, and directv. We moved and couldn't get ATT at current location, but kept ATT wireless. Have been here over a year. One sbc email account worked until Monday; the other is still working.

MichaelHannigan :
Do you still have at&T an an internet provider?

Customer :
Current internet is comcast

MichaelHannigan :
Ok... can you please try going to this link and logging in with your username, but WITHOUT the @sbcglobal.net?

http://bitli.es/qADd0o
Customer :
Invalid ID or password.
Please try again using your full Yahoo! ID.

MichaelHannigan :
ok... try it now with the sbcglobal, please

Customer :
but it do have Yahoo! on the sign-in page this time.

MichaelHannigan :
There is a method to this.

Customer :
same thing
However, it does work with my spouses full email address. I can sign in to yaho with that username.

MichaelHannigan :
OK... now please try going to this page, and click next to go through resetting the password.
Is his account the main account?

Customer :
I dont remember for sure which is the main account...but believe the account that doesn't work was the primary account
Will try the reset

MichaelHannigan :
I know this is a little crazy... but if that doesn't work, then please go to this page.

The reason I'm giving you so many different things to do is because there are several ways that they could have merged your account when they did it.

Customer :
Not working ... recognizes accoutn id, but secret answers won't work. the one from my old cheat sheet lists 3 letters, but it demands a 4-letter response...which at this point I am quite ready to hurl at it.
Doesnt recognize that address

MichaelHannigan :
On the last link you have to select sbcglobal from the pulldown list.

Customer :
Will try again, but could get anwhere with that address last time...will open again in new window

Ok...got to sbc login, then secret words ... same page as we saw a bit ago ... still did not recoognize secret words written down on cheat sheet

MichaelHannigan :
Is it asking for your secret question?
Can you please, at this point, copy what is in the browser address at the top of your browser and paste it here?
You are very close.

Customer :
yes...and they are written down on a cheat sheet. but won't accept one because it was 3 letters long (acronym) and also did not accept version written out ... now says account is locked out

Error: This account has been temporarily locked out or has been suspended. Please contact Customer Support for further information.

https://uversecentral2.att.com/uvp/home/password_reset
MichaelHannigan :
The temporary lock will automatically go away within 24 hours.
However, this should give you a path to gettin AT&T to reset it.

Customer :
Problem from here is there is no other option than to enter secret answers ... but it doesn't like the ones I have written down.

MichaelHannigan :
That's Ok. You won't need them to contact AT&T. What we know now is that this is a uVerse account. And resetting your uVerse account password ***** reset the email password
Do you know what department you contacted at AT&T before?

Customer :
But I have never had a uvese password ... just the old ATT Account Manager password ... is that the same thing?
The only place I could get a body was the wireless department. But didn't try uverse, as don't have that service.

MichaelHannigan :
Yes.

Customer :
So tomorrow I try Uverse department? Or tonight I go try to reset that password?

MichaelHannigan :
uVerse and AT&T Account Manager should have the same login information.
You mean to your wireless?
Your wireless won't be connected to the email.
Sorry if that's what you meant.

Customer :
I beleive I reset Account Manger signin tonight at the direction of ATT rep.

MichaelHannigan :
If that is your old login, that should reset your email password ***** well.
That's the login that your email is connected to.
Is your user name there different from your email?

Customer :
slightly ... it did not have @sbcglobal.net attached

MichaelHannigan :
Ok... that's the one, then
You should be able to sign in the same way at att.yahoo.com

Customer :
Did we have that link somewhere earlier in this thread?

MichaelHannigan :

Customer :
I will start this over tomorrow night ... not getting anywhere ... same thing about invalid usernames or passwords.
You worked hard for this one.

MichaelHannigan :
Thank you.

Michael Hannigan, Email Expert
Experience: 20+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE. Master Certified Email Engineer.