Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years

I get server error #758 when sending message to a Gmail account

I'm having a server error #758 showing up when I try to send something to someone who is also has a gmail account. I tried changing browsers, still a problem. I've tried forwarding the original email. It won't let me do that either...what's going on?

Computer OS: Mac OS X
Browser: Firefox

Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 years ago.

I am sorry about this Gmail issue. Google Mail or Gmail is having a technical issue at this time. The problem that you are having is basically not from your end. This is from the mail servers' end of Gmail and it will be resolved in about 3 to 5 hours from now.

To monitor the status of the problem, please click on this link:

At this point, there is nothing that you need to do in your computer from your end since the Gmail service will resume as normal as soon as Gmail is able to correct their server issues.

Please rest assured that all your emails and data in your Gmail account are still intact and you will be able to use Gmail normally when the Gmail servers are up again.

I hope that helped. Please post a reply should you need further information.