Frederick S
Frederick S, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician; founder of a home PC repair company.

i cant remember my email address for hotmail

Customer Question

Category: Email
Expert:  Frederick S replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Frederick and I look forward to assisting you with this and providing you with the information you need.

If you cannot recall your email address, please get in touch with friends or family you've emailed to help you. This information cannot be provided by Hotmail/MSN for privacy reasons. Otherwise, if you cannot recall it, and your friends/family do not have any recent emails from you, you will not be able to recover your account.

Let me know if you have any other questions; thank you.

FS
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i have an hotmail email that should be cdm678@hotmail but im missing something and i forgot password
OK; then it sounds like your account may have been hacked.

E-mail addresses are being taken over/accessed by two main ways: (1) by users unknowingly having their password stolen from a fake login page or from web sites that users have signed up on with a password matching their e-mail password; and (2) weak passwords that are easily guessed by computers constantly trying to gain access to an e-mail account. Accounts are also compromised if the user responds to any emails requesting personal details like the account password, answer to security questions, etc.

Please read the following steps and information – it will likely answer most, if not all, of your questions. Please also be aware that you are paying for information and Expert advice, and not for the successful unlock of your account. Only YOU can guarantee that your account will be successfully unlocked. Your account will be successfully recovered ONLY IF you provide enough details, and enough ACCURATE details for them to verify that you are who Hotmail thinks you are supposed to be. Only Hotmail can make that determination, so please understand this information before replying/Accepting the answer – thank you.

As a first step, please try going to the following link to reset your password:

http://account.live.com/password/reset

Click the I forgot my password button, then click Reset your password.

If that works, please click Accept as this information helped you. However, if it did not work, please follow the steps below:

Please go to
http://bit.ly/gSxotJ
(Link opens in a new window so you can follow my steps as you work through the pages - you may also wish to bookmark that page by pressing CTRL+D so that you can return to it from your Bookmarks/Favorites menu later today/tomorrow, etc.)

This is a special portal that Windows Live (Hotmail) has set up to assist those who have had their account compromised and/or who are unable to access their alternate e-mail or answer their security question.

Type in the e-mail address you want to recover in the first blank on that page, then type an alternate e-mail address that you can currently access (doesn’t have to be associated with your Hotmail account). If you don’t have an alternate e-mail address, you can sign up for a free one with Hotmail again, Yahoo, or Gmail.

Click Continue once you’ve filled in those two fields…

Then you will need to fill in your name, birth date, and country. All other fields are totally optional; however, the more fields you enter with 100% accuracy, the better your chances of getting your account back.

If the first fields that you enter in don’t match up with your account information, you’ll see this error on top: You didn't provide us with enough information to confirm your identity. Please complete more fields in addition to the ones you have currently completed.

If that is the case, you will need to then enter additional details, as many as you can with 100% accuracy, in the rest of the form.

As long as you provide other details (like people you frequently e-mail), and as long as you send the request from a place that you frequently access your e-mail account from (like home, work, or school), they will generally have no problem sending you account reset information so that you can get back into your e-mail.

At the end of that form, click Continue.

IMPORTANT: If you complete the form and you’re taken to a page that says you must Sign in, please DO NOT click “Sign in” – instead, press the back button on your browser. You may need to refresh it by hitting [F5] and then click Continue… Then resubmit the form and it should go through.

On the final page, you will be given a PIN to access a forum – check the box confirming you’ve received it then submit that form. Please write this PIN down! On that same page, you will see a link to a private forum page. Please right-click on that link and select Bookmark this Link or Add to Favorites, that way in case you don’t receive an e-mail back from Hotmail, you will still be able to visit their forum and view updates there.

If you have any further questions, let me know. However, be sure to enter the right e-mail address that they can contact you at, and be sure to enter the right e-mail address you are attempting to gain access to. As long as you do this, you should be able to regain access to your account within 1-4 days usually, but sometimes it may take more time than that, especially on weekends. I understand this seems like a long time but it is the only for-sure way to regain access to your account and is essentially the last resort.

You can simply log back in once a Windows Live representative gets in contact with you through the link provided above and you will then be able to change your password and change your security question and make sure your location information is still the same as well.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work; I receive no credit for my time with you until you actually press ACCEPT. If you still need to clarify something or seek more information, just use the REPLY button and I’d be more than happy to follow up to your satisfaction! There is no fee for follow up questions before or after accepting, should you wish to continue in the thread, and I encourage you to do so should you desire clarification.

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no it wasnt hacked i cant remember all the email address
Then you'll need to create a new account if you cannot recall the account's correct email address.

FS
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok i think i need to reset my password and they have an old phone number how do i change this number

You cannot change any of the information now that you no longer have access to the account, unfortunately.

FS
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok im not really happy with these answers
I know, but I cannot tell you anything different than the policies in place to help keep your account secure. Thanks.

FS
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
do i have to pay 38.00 for this
You do not have to, no. If you feel I should be compensated for working with you, you may click Accept to compensate me for my time. The decision is entirely up to you. Thanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
is there an number to call please delete my info