Cory
Cory, Support Technician
Experience:  5+ years of email experience

I have my gmail account coming in on Windows live and have

Customer Question

I have my gmail account coming in on Windows live and have been for a long time now. 2 days ago I turned on my laptop only to be asked to login. I typed in my password XXXXX it will not let me log in. I have been trying to work on this for 2 days and cannot get it right.
Can you please, please help me.
Category: Email
Expert:  Cory replied 2 years ago.

Welcome To JustAnswer. Im Cory and I will be helping you today.

Please click here to reset your Gmail password.

If you are able to reset it please change it in Windows Live Mail.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I tried that 10 times yesterday without a code being sent to my phone. I got the code then and changed it and changed it on my windows live. It didn't let me log on though and I also need to change the outgoing mail SMTP number to what ever it's supposed to be. But I still cant' log on.

Expert:  Cory replied 2 years ago.
When you reset it where you able to login at gmail.com?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes Cory, I just did that and it appears I have been hacked as gmail gave me the details and warning. Well, that change of password XXXX now would be a good thing. I just need to get my emails back thru Windows live. Can you also give me the number I need to put into the outgoing mail SMTP box please. I have no idea what it was and I have gone and changed it therefore I won't be able to send mail.

Expert:  Cory replied 2 years ago.

The port is 465.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. It keeps giving me the message "the server has rejected your login" so what should I do now please
Expert:  Cory replied 2 years ago.
Did you change the password XX windows live?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I did it up in the Accounts - properties and then password
Expert:  Cory replied 2 years ago.

Please login to your gmail.

Please click https://mail.google.com/mail/?shva=1#settings/fwdandpop for forwarding POP/IMAP settings.

Please tell me if these are enabled or disabled?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Cory, they are enabled and this is the message that i get when I try to log on to get my mail in windows live

Unable to send or receive messages for the Gmail (rhondaedser) account. Header download for the 'Inbox' folder did not complete. The operation was canceled by the user.

Server Response: Your IMAP command could not be sent to the server, due to non-network errors. This could, for example, indicate a lack of memory on your system.
Server: 'imap.gmail.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: IMAP
Port: 993
Secure(SSL): Yes

Expert:  Cory replied 2 years ago.
Do you have a firewall or an anti virus?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just use AVG and don't know about firewall but this has all happened since my friend was hacked when she used an internet cafe overseas and all her contacts were sent to including me. I did not answer but now know I have been hacked. Would a firewall stop me from windows live mail working?
Expert:  Cory replied 2 years ago.
Yes it could effect the mail from working correctly. Is this the free version?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes it is
Expert:  Cory replied 2 years ago.

Please press CTRL+D to bookmark this page so you can return to it.

Please uninstall it and restart your computer.

Try your mail.

let me know if this fixes it

If you need help uninstalling it please tell me the version of windows you have?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what am I unistalling please. Is it avg
Expert:  Cory replied 2 years ago.
yes it is avg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok I will give it a go. Talk soon and I do thank you for this and sorry for being a pain.

Cheers Rhonda

Expert:  Cory replied 2 years ago.
your no a pain at all let me know the outcome
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No sorry Cory it still won't let me log on to windows live
Expert:  Cory replied 2 years ago.

Please delete the gmail account that is not working.

Click Tools then Accounts

Click on the account then click Remove.

Below are the instructions for adding an account:

Please click

http://www.freeemailtutorials.com/windowsLiveMail/setupEmailAccounts/setupGmailAccount.htm for instructions on how to setup your gmail account on windows live mail.

Once you add the account again let me know if you are able to connect to it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
cory, where have you gone. im about to throw this computer out the window
Expert:  Cory replied 2 years ago.

Click Tools then Accounts

Click on the account then click Remove.

Please click

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
do i do this in gmail or windows live
Expert:  Cory replied 2 years ago.
windows live
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well I'm in real trouble now as I have lost all me emails. I know they will be on Gmail but all my folders are gone and everything. Is there anyway you can operate my computer?

I deleted the gmail account and added it again

Expert:  Cory replied 2 years ago.

When you sycronize the account the emails should download again.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is no way this shit of a thing is going to let me log on. I don't know what to do next except SCREAM
Expert:  Cory replied 2 years ago.

I am sorry sometimes computer issues take time to figure out.

Lets do system Restore.

Click on Start then All Programs then Accessories then System Tools then System Restore.

Roll it back to a week before the time when it was working last.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Rolled it back and still no good. I have decided to use Outlook and get that operational and import my emails that way.
Expert:  Cory replied 2 years ago.
Did you need help setting that up?