Frederick S
Frederick S, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician; founder of a home PC repair company.

I forgot my Yahoo password. The security question is one

I forgot my yahoo password. The security question is one that a person put in when she set up my computer
Category: Email
Expert:  Frederick S replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you with this and providing you with the information you need.

Please go to the following page to attempt to reset your password:

(If your security questions may have been recently changed, please pick “My account may have been compromised”, you will see a ‘This is not my question’ link underneath each question.)

If you are successful with that process, you can go ahead and skip the rest of the steps…

Otherwise, if it is not successful, please follow the instructions below as a ‘last resort’ account recovery:

Please go to this page:

You'll need to have an alternate email account set up so that they may contact you. You can get a free account from for this. It will take 12-48 hours for someone from Yahoo to get back to you.

If you are unable to complete that form, you may send an e-mail instead, as outlined below.

You will need to send an e-mail from another e-mail account that you currently have access to, to the following e-mail address (copy/paste it so that you don't leave anything out!):

In the subject you can just put Password

then click Send...

Wait about five minutes, and you should get an e-mail back from Yahoo! that you need to fill out completely and Reply back with the answers. Again, it will take up to 48 hours for them to get back to you. If the form works, don't use this method as well.

Hope this helps; thanks.