How can I read my mail

How can I read my mail
Category: Email
Expert:  Cerecita replied 7 years ago.

Are you referring to email?

What seems to be preventing you from reading it?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes my email. I open up my aol account-see that I have mail but don't see any way to read it. I click on the message 5 (or what ever number there is ) new messages and nothing happens.
Expert:  Cerecita replied 7 years ago.
again, and thanks reply.

Did you click on the mailbox icon in the upper right hand corner? That should open your new mail.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
what does themailbox icon look like
Expert:  Cerecita replied 7 years ago.
It's a picture (drawing) of a blue mailbox, with yellow mail coming out and a red flag sticking up from it. It's under the word 'file' up top, on the left hand side of the screen.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I don't have an edit box on top- Ithink my toolbar has been messed up
Expert:  Cerecita replied 7 years ago.
again, Bernie.

It's not 'edit', that the mailbox icon is under, it's 'file', but that is to the left of 'edit'. It's possible, if your toolbar on top, is not displaying properly, you won't see file or edit, but if you still can't open your mail or don't see/can't click the mailbox icon, I thought of something else, that might be happening; if you clicked on your 'new' mail tab and nothing happened, your mail window may not be 'active' or "highlighted", so click on the bar up on top of the mail window to make it appear darker or brighter, in color, then try to click 'new' again. I hope you eventually got the new mail to open.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

this is not my question and I never used the service before today 1/27/2015