John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

We had one tv or box quit yesterday, it froze on channel 6,

Customer Question

We had one tv or box quit yesterday, it froze on channel 6, then we have shut it down at least 5 times and nothing comes in. This morning, the box or tv, is not coming in, I have to assume it is not the cable as the other tv's are coming in.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I will have to go see
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: visio hitachi
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: unplugging and checking cables , waiting for it too boot up, restart tv to bring in channels
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that is all I know, one was yesterday morning, this morning it is another one
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Anthony replied 4 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Sorry you are having trouble here and sorry for those initial questions they are computer generated you are now with a live tech my name is Anthony.

If you press the menu button of the TV sets own remote control does the menu come up and have you got control of it?

Let me know by replying in the box below please, if you see offers generated by the site you can accept or ignore them, one will be for a phone call I am not available by phone sorry

Let me know thanks

Anthony