Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a bose wave radio, about 10 years old, with CD slip

Customer Question

i have a bose wave radio, about 10 years old, with CD slip in in front. When I put in the CD it starts playing with a faltering noise, which stops after a while.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Wave music system, Model AWRCC2
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: anytime i put a cd in. Have not tried anything.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

These symptoms point directly to a hardware failure with the Bose system in most cases, and not something you can correct via any settings or adjustments. The only thing you can try on a user level is to leave the system unplugged for an hour or more to drain all residual current from the circuitry inside, and then plug it back in and see if the player operates normally.

If it does not, then unfortunately you would need to contact Bose Service, as they are the only ones that repair their systems:

BOSE:
For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.
For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.
If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?