Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Computer, Audio, Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a panasonic tv 1080p model no TC-50AS53OV. It has

Customer Question

I have a panasonic tv 1080p model no TC-50AS53OV. It has sound, but no picture. I can play a movie on DVD with picture, and I can see the program guide.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Panasonic? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is about 13 months old. It is serial No. MG-42460283 and Model No. TC-50AS530V.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It had this problem when a guest living in the home yesterday used the Fios TV control.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I am just trying to restore the picture. Once again, I can use the program guide, acess a TV channel and listen to the video, but no picture.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I am the technician assigned to help you and I will do my best to provide you with excellent service. I have been helping people on this site since 2009, which supports my livelihood. Every moment that I am helping you is on the honor system, until you submit a positive 3-5 star rating when I provide your answer.

I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. Now that you are talking to a real technician, please reply asap so that I know you are ready to proceed.

-Are you with the tv right now?

Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Please try this:

-turn on and set the tv so you are hearing the sound from the Fios.

-locate the power cord for the Fios box and unplug it from the wall.

-wait 20 seconds then plug that power cord back in.

-watch the tv screen as the Fios box boots up (press power on box if needed).

Eventually you should get picture and sound back. If you don't, be sure you reply back here so we can continue.