Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

We have a kindle that will not charge. It says, "critical

We have a kindle that will not charge. It says, "critical battery" at the top. In the middle it says, "Your battery will not charge. To continue using, connect to a power source". We did that and nothing happened.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

If the device still does not work beyond that, then please reply back with the Model of the Kindle and also the AGE of the unit- and we can proceed.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I still don't have a Kindle that works and I have not received any new suggestions
You didn't reply back with the results of what I asked, or the model or age of the Kindle. If you still need help then please reply back in kind.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The Kindle is about 5-6 years old. The model # is D00701. We were faithful about trying all of your suggestions properly.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me how old the Kindle is and the exact model?

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The Kindle was a gift and I can only estimate how old it is, but I think it must be between 6 & 8 years old. I gave you the model number on the back of the Kindle. Is there another number somewhere? Don't mean to be difficult but it's hard to give a positive rating when we are no further than our first conversation.

This is a different expert, I see now it was in one of your messages not the original statement, sorry

What you need to do is get this battery

Amazon_Kindle_2_D00701_Battery_Replacement_Kit_p

It is $10 cheaper then anywhere else, and you also get the tools with it.

Plus you will see the video to replace it on my link I gave you, it is a straight forward replacement if you take your time to do this

But you need to so this to get this resolved.

Richard, Customer Service
Experience: Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices