Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

I have a Teac Model no CD-X8. It is not reading the Cd.and

Customer Question

I have a Teac Model no CD-X8. It is not reading the Cd.and the light on the display is not coming on. Is it fixable?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I don't know how old it is.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have not used it for a long time. No trouble shooting done.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

This type of problem (the disc part, anyway) is often caused by a contaminated laser lens. You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens).

If this doesn't help, you can try a specialty cleaning disc (Example cleaner disc) which has little brushes that clean the lens more thoroughly.

If neither of these cleaning steps help, then this is more likely a hardware fault, which could include a bad laser emitter or pickup, faulty spindle motor or laser transport, bad d/a converter, etc. Any of these issues would require repair/replacement.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

The display is a different issue and is not going to be repairable, there are no parts available for this 10 year old system.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Please see my reply above

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.