John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I am having trouble changing the time between pictures on my

Customer Question

I am having trouble changing the time between pictures on my slide show on the TH-50PX80U. I go to MENU go to setup slide show change the disp. time then go out and it doesn't change the time???
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It has a photo card slot for SD card and is 3-5 years?? old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Don't know because haven't used it---no troubleshooting
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

So, you don't need instructions as to how to get to the place in your camera's menu system, then?

I suspect you may not be Saving the changed setting. Shall I look into that possibility? if you approve, tell me, after you have changed the setting to a different value, what exactly it is that you then do ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
After I change the time I do select (top arrow) and then return

Does the camera have any other troubles, or problems with function settings?

How old is the camera? in months or years since you bought it.

Has the camera been dropped or otherwise subjected to mechanical shock(s) in its lifetime?

Has the camera been operated in or subjected to, temperatures below 32 degrees F (freezing point) or above about 100 degrees F ?

Has it ever been subjected to a humidity higher than 85 % or gotten wet ?

Has the camera been operated in a gritty or sandy environment, such as a beach, a seaside, a construction site, or the like?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There is nothing wrong with the camera or the card---I am getting pictures--there is just too much time between each and I can't change it

Well, that's a defect, at any rate... I was wondering if there was some other defect too.

How old is the camera, though?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It's a Nikon 5300 and is 2 years old

(I am sorry for the delay in responding. I was offline for a while just as you responded. I regret the way that happened.)

The camera is out of warranty. If you're following instructions in the manual or user guide explicitly and carefully, it should really change the setting. But it isn't.

Your camera may be defective. Being out of warranty sending it to Nikon Repair might cost quite a lot.

Would you prefer to take it to a local Nikon Authorized camera shop? if so, please tell me your zip code, and I will give you listings for local Nikon Authorized camera repair places in your region.