John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

Why does my pioneer plasma tv spontaneously switch from

Customer Question

Why does my pioneer plasma tv spontaneously switch from input 2 to input 3? How do I fix this?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Pioneer is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's from 2005 model PDP 4304
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: this Just started about two weeks ago. I was loosing pixels and getting green pixels on the screen. So a 6 weeks ago a tv repairman that know this TV put in new or rehabbed boards to get the proper display. I have turned the tv off and on but this spontaneously switching is now getting more frequent
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  DJAVS replied 4 months ago.

Hello, My name is***** can help you with this. Normally this problem is one of two things. First, since you have had it repaired, the button that changes to input three may be rubbing against the plastic and you would need to make sure that it is not making it stick by wiggling it or tapping on it. The other problem I have encountered before was that something was laying on the remote control so make sure nothing is laying on the remote control. Good luck.