John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

My Acer laptop purchased 25/8/ 16 in Sydney has been

Customer Question

My Acer laptop purchased 25/8/ 16 in Sydney has been declared by my server, Telstra, to have a fault in that an email sent to a relative as resent over 100 times. I have telephoned the Acer Customer Service number but I am unable to understand the man's accent. hat should I do. Don Kennedy
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: IT is NOT a phone. It is a LAPTOP computer purchased in Sydney on 25/8/16
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It has only happened once, early last ee' I have already spent MANY hours on the phone to Bigpond, Telstra and one other organisation. ALL deny it is their problem and claim there must be a problem with the computer. This is first problem sine i bought it.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have just spent some time today talking to an 'expert' but, due to his accent i could not fully understand what he was saying.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That might mean you have malware (or software corruption) on your Acer laptop.

Tell me: does the laptop have any anti-virus utility, or Firewall, on it?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Kaspersky
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
As the computer is subject to warranty can you suggest hat i should do. I am not prepared to talk to someone and pay a fee

Thank you - you may ignore the solicitation for additional services (and with them, charges). I did not send that message to you, the website system did. (And I have no control over such messages.)

Well... what email software are you using?

Try sending the same email in webmail - using a web browser, logging in to your email account on a web browser - and see if it is reported as sending multiple times. If it does not, then the problem is in your software (that you normally use) for emailing.

If it does still, then the problem is in your email provider's own servers, not on your laptop.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is my computer covered by warranty ? If so, Why should I have to pay to speak to someone. ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Russell. Thanks for your response. I am almost 90 years of age and for the past four days i have spent close to four hours on the phone to various people, most of them with poor English. I am sick and tired of trying to get an answer about why I forwarded an email to my three daughters which was repeated up to 120 times. Everybody blames everyone else but i think none of them know the answer. This morning I had to travel to a Telstra shop with my laptop where a 'technition' spent about 30 minutes. He 'thinks' it could be a fault in the computer but does not know what it is. He said ',contact Acer.'
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you Russell. I am not further advanced. All you have suggested has been done several times. Everything is OK now but that does not solve my problem. I am wary of 'forwarding' emails in future. Nobody can tell me why it has happened only once in 5 months and why it does not do it now. All of those who I have spoken to deny it is their problem and claim it is in the computer.
I think I will just 'give up' Don Kennedy

If it only happened once.... then maybe it was just fortuitous, an accident, not likely to be repeated!

After all: you have a good anti-virus uility, Kaspersky, on your computer.

If your computer is less than a year old, it is of course covered by warranty.