John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

My daughter has a safe and she cannot remember the code and

Customer Question

my daughter has a safe and she cannot remember the code and has lost the keys is there a way to get into the safe and reset the code
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: yes we have checked any number we thought it could be the model # is pl048e
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: we just started to open it today, and we have only tried the numbers that we thought it could be
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That model # indicates that your daughter has a Sentry Safes -made Security Box.

If she still has the original bill of sale, she may be able to get back both combination code, and a new set of keys.

Let me know, and I will instruct you as to how to go about doing so (if that's the case).

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
she doesn't have that anymore
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no thank you!

Then I am sorry to have to say that I myself do not know of any recourse to the unfortunate situation you are asking about.

I have Opted Out, opening the case to other Experts in this category, with my apologies.

(One last thought: Did your daughter register her safe with Sentry Safes online? if so, she might be able to retrieve her code by going to that account at Sentry Safe's online website... doubtful, but possible.)

Thank you - you may ignore the solicitation for additional services (and with them, charges). I did not send that message to you, the website system did. (And I have no control over such messages.)

If / when another Expert takes up the case, you ought to receive a notification email.