Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a DMR-ES40V DVD RECORDER. I am getting the error

Customer Question

I have a DMR-ES40V DVD RECORDER. I am getting the error message F-60. Can you tell me what that error is
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Panasonic DMR-4S40V DVD recorder
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Been going on for a while. Does not operate and I just tried unplugging it
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

The F-60 message on a Panasonic (as well as F-61, F-63 and F-70) are all indicative of a power supply board failure in the DVD recorder per Panasonic's service manual. That said there are no pushbutton fixes for this and it does require repairs made to the unit to remove the error and allow it to operate normally again. The most common cause of this issue is failure of the two filter capacitors, and in some cases the regulator IC chip in the power supply circuit. The average cost for this type of repair is in the $150-$175 range and generally not considered cost effective to repair unfortunately. The only other thing you can try on a user level (if you have not tried this already), is to leave the recorder unplugged from power for an hour or longer in the hopes this drains residual current from the unit and resets it. Beyond this, it does require repairs as indicated above- and replacement is typically a more cost-effective route to take.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your help. Have a great day
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

You're welcome and sorry for the bad news on this one. Alternatively, if you're a tech-type, the service manual for the Panasonic unit is at the link below:

http://diagramasde.com/diagramas/otros/DMRES40V.pdf

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?