Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Over the last few days i get the message that somthing s

Customer Question

over the last few days i get the message that somthing s wrong and cant get it to work it says try and disconect tv from power wait for ten seconds but it is also stuck on the cartoon channell
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: its a SMART do not know the model
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: ooff and on for about two weeks and i tried disconnecting the power cords and made sure the cables were in tight
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Jack replied 16 days ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today
Please note that I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me and without my knowledge
By the way , Pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions .
Can you please send me a reply when ready ?

Expert:  Jack replied 16 days ago.

Who or what gives you that message ??

When you say the cartoon channel , do you mean an internal app ?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
what i mean is that during the day the tv will work, and the last channel we watched with the kids was on thet channel then in the mornng it goes on that last channel the the messasge pops up abouth having problems and thats it.
Expert:  Jack replied 16 days ago.

Sorry cant take the call right now that was sent by the website , NOT ME

Expert:  Jack replied 16 days ago.

O.k but you are able to change the channel after that ?

Expert:  Jack replied 16 days ago.

Which channel anyway , cable box channel or some of the tv`s apps ?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
house phone please(###) ###-####
Expert:  Aric replied 16 days ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. Jack left the conversation, and I am unavailable by phone. However this is a simply one- that message "Something's not quite right" is generated by Xfinity- and simply means there's a problem with their box. The first thing you would do is reboot that box by shutting off your TV then pulling the power cord from the Xfinity box to the wall for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Once it starts to reboot, turn your TV on. If you're still having the same problem, then call Comcast/Xfinity and have them replace the box. Again- that message has nothing to do with your TV- and is caused by the Xfinity box.

Expert:  Aric replied 16 days ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.