Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

I have a Panasonic TV, Model # TC-20LA2, Serial # UJ4220226,

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic TV, Model # TC-20LA2, Serial # UJ4220226, 20" LCD-TV. Recently I eliminated my cable system and purchased an MOHU antenna for local reception. We have five TV's and on each of the others I was able to go through the set up and have the TV "learn" the channels with a strong enough signal that each could receive the station. I have not been able to do that with this Panasonic TV. I moved the Panasonic from it's normal place in the bathroom to the connection and location of the TV in the bedroom where I was already able to "program" that TV.I went to Menu, then Program Channels, then Auto Program, then Yes, Activate Auto Program. The TV then scanned through 125 channels. When it stopped, using the down arrow I went back down through the channels looking for ones the TV had picked that I could "add" with the right arrow. There were none.Am I missing a step?***** *****(###) ###-####**@******.***
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Panasonic? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Moel TC-20LA2, Serial #(###) ###-#### 20" LCD, I do not know how old, but several years, maybe 10 years
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Did you read my note above, or do I need to copy and paste it here?
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 10 days ago.

Hello Roger,

The tv itself is the issue here. This is a very old (2004) model, and it lacks an atsc (digital) tuner. It is only capable of picking up analog stations, it is not going to detect or tune in any of the digital channels, which are all that have been broadcast since 2009.

What you can do however is hook up an external tuner box to the tv and use it to pull in those channels: http://amzn.to/2i0t1c5

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,