Steve G., Engineer
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut since 1974. Home Theater advisor. Vinyl holdout!
329447

An empty used Sentry Safe was given to us just recently by a

Customer Question

An empty used Sentry Safe was given to us just recently by a friend; however, the giver has lost her combination. How do we open the safe? We can send you serial #'s, etc. our names and the previous owner's name; however, I don't believe she ever registered the safe with Sentry.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Don't know the age but it's a digital lock, fireproof about 16.5"x17.5" outside dimensions: serial # BW238239 model# *****
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Received the safe about two months ago; haven't tried anything to open.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Thank you.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Steve G. replied 17 days ago.

Hi. I'm Steve and I will be assisting you today. I've been helping customers like you on this site since 2005.

*** Please note that I cannot take a call right now*** Please ignore the automated prompts for a phone call.

Ok. Sentry safes do not have a "single master code". That would hardly be secure once that code gets out on the internet. Each individual safe DOES have a master code which is what you are looking for. Because Sentry want their safe owners to be confident that nobody is going to get hold of their combination, you will need to jump through some hoops to retrieve your code.

Please start by going to THIS PAGE and following the prompts. You are going to have to get a notarized letter and send it to Sentry along with $20. I'm sorry but there is no other way.

Please let me know if I can help you further. I'll be here.

Steve

Expert:  Steve G. replied 17 days ago.

Hi. did you see my answer?

Please let me know.

Steve