Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369

I have a sentry safe model SFW123FTC. I replaced the

Customer Question

I have a sentry safe model SFW123FTC. I replaced the batteries but it won't work the keypad
JA: The Gunsmith will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Gunsmith can help you best.
Customer: I have replaced the bateries on by sentry safe but it won't work.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Gunsmith should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Cher replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Cher. Welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply, shortly.

Expert:  Cher replied 1 month ago.

Hello, again.

I have just a few questions that will help me help you, best:

Does your safe also have a key to open it in conjunction with the code on the electronic key pad?

Do you have your original owner's manual?

Are you 100% sure of your combination?

Please tell me everything you've done to try to open the safe.

Is this the first time you're opening it?

Thanks for all your additional information and after you reply, please allow me some time to compose and send your answer.

Kind regards,

Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 1 month ago.

Hello again,

I see that you have not yet read my response, attempting to get some additional information about your safe situation.

From what you already wrote, I can tell you the following:

If your safe also has a key to open the safe, together with the code, always REMOVE the key after using it, to open the keylock. In addition, make sure that the batteries you used are alkaline and not rechargeable and the positive and negative ends are put in, to match the same markings in the battery holder.

Here is a downloadable copy of your safe's owner's manual; it contains all instructions needed, except the safe's code:

http://www.sentrysafe.com/pdfs/OwnersManuals/518792.pdf

-------------

Try all of the troubleshooting in the manual and if nothing works, you can always call them for additional information (Customer Service: 1-***-***-****.) If there's a problem with your safe, it could be defective and you can request a new one at no cost to you.

I hope you are able to get your safe open, soon!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer positively, from the ratings box at the top of your page; that is the only way I will receive recognition from the website for my effort and assistance. Thank you very much! Bonuses are always welcomed.

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation. Should you need me for any follow-up, clarification or further information, simply click 'Reply to Expert' at no additional charge.

Please don't hesitate to request me by name, for any future questions; just type: "For Cher Only" to begin your post.

Kind regards,

Cher