John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I have a tanita 410 unplugged since Nov. plug back in and

Customer Question

I have a tanita 410 unplugged since Nov. plug back in and display isn't readible
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: 2011
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have another bought the same year used in my two gyms ... I closed one gym last Nov and brought it to my other location
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Is someone able to help me
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 13 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Is anything showing on the display?

Is there any other indication (even a faint glow from the display) that the machine is receiving power, starting up, etc. ?

That could be a very serious problem.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No, well nothing readible if you hold the on button down something flashes.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Is this in addition to the $25 I just paid for membership?

If I took up the Phone Call request (or, since I refused it for now, if another Expert takes it up) you would be charged extra for the Premium Service, yes.

Do you wish to proceed? or do you wish to retract your phone call request?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I can't wait much longer can he help me now

The Tanita is, as far as I can tell, 'broken'. If you cannot tell what flashes on the screen when you hold down the On button, then I cannot say more about the Tanita device's condition.

Except that it has a grave error, that will require repair-servicing. If the Tanita device was bought in 2011, it is no doubt out of warranty by now, so repair-servicing would cost you something. (The terms of Tanita's offered warranty, refer you to the instructions manual for the device, to determine how long, how many years, the warranty coverage extends to. If it is longer than 5 years, your device may still be covered, though. Let me know ifwe should pursue this avenue of inquiry farther.)

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)