Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

I would like to install an headset on my TC-L39B6 LCD tv.

Customer Question

I would like to install an headset on my TC-L39B6 LCD tv. How can I connecte the heaset to the television
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: LCD TV TC-L 39B6
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: My headset come witn a single jack, how do I connect it to the television
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Is this a wired headset, or is it a wireless system with a transmitter/base?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
transmitter base
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I found the solution to my problem. My television comes with a digital audio connector. I have to use a converter. Going from TOSlink to a digital coax input.Thanks anyway
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

That is correct, you have to use the optical port, but toslink to coax is not likely to work unless your transmitter actually has coax, and there are some additional configuration steps necessary as well for it to work.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The transmitter has a coax. Taishan-DO3K
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

That item looks like a digital to analog. If your transmitter has an actual digital coax, you need a different converter: http://amzn.to/2iFx7tU

You'll also need to go into the tv setup menu and change the audio output format to pcm/stereo too.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.