Viet - Tech
Viet - Tech, Electronics Tech
Experience:  Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

How can I reset my tablet to the original factory settings,

Customer Question

hi john, how can I reset my tablet to the original factory settings, I need to start from scratch again too many conflicting passwords
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: it is the TM101W545L, I bought it new a few days ago
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i get the message that I have to connect external usb to the tablet in order to modify my passwords but can't find a way to connect a memory stick
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really, mostly how to clean up the dfferent passwords and begin all over again
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Viet - Tech replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you mean the login password ***** *****?

Does it show a name or username at the password ***** login screen?
Does it also show an email address at the password ***** login screen?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Solution #1:

- If there is an email address showing on your NuVision TM101W545L Tablet, then try the following fix:

1. On a working laptop / desktop computer (or working tablet or smartphone), click on the website below:

https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx

2. Then there, select the option "I forgot my password", then click on Next at the bottom.

3. Then in the first box, type in the email address as shown on the problematic tablet.

4. Then in the second box, type in the characters as shown on the page.

5. Then click on Next at the bottom. Then follow the instructions there in order to reset your Microsoft account password.

- Once that is done successfully, then try it on the problematic tablet.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please try:

1. At the password ***** login screen, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.
  2. Click on the Power icon at the bottom right of the computer's screen, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.
  3. When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.
  4. When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.
  5. Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.
  6. When prompted, select the option "Removing everything" and "Just remove files.", and continue.

Solution #3:

1. At the password ***** login screen, click on the Ease of Access icon at the bottom (it looks like a timer icon.)
  2. Then click on the option On-Screen Keyboard.
  3. Then select the option Shift at the left of the On-Screen Keyboard on the tablet's screen.
  4. Click on the Power icon at the bottom right of the computer's screen, then click on the option Restart.
  5. When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.
  6. Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.
  7. When prompted, select the option "Removing everything" and "Just remove files.", and continue.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

How are you? It's been about a week. Have you gotten a chance to try my suggestions above yet?

Do you still need help with your tablet, and/or with anything else?