Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have just purchased a cordless phone KX-TG6822 and have

Customer Question

I have just purchased a cordless phone KX-TG6822 and have set up and charged up,but there is a static noise on the handset.please advise me....my phone numbers are mobile(###) ###-####and land line 07 5559 5031 and my email***@******.*** my name is ***** ***** delahunty....with thanks
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: just bought it from hervy norman tweed heads on last Tuesday .
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: 1 since last Tuesday 2 not good at troubleshooting my local help on holidays can you talk me through this trouble or should I take these phones back to the shop in tweed heads south ???
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing else..
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, let's check and review the basics. Proposed test (if have not been done):

• relocate the base unit (if able);
  • roam around the room/house with the handset active and note if the level/amount of static changes with location;
  • determine if there are any possible source of RFI (radio frequency interference) within the location of the base unit;
  • try the intercom function and determine if there is also noise.

Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.