Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Dish TV technician was unable to find a code to turn volume

Customer Question

Dish TV technician was unable to find a code to turn volume control on my new remote and advised me to contact Insignia to see if you have any other codes to suggest.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Insignia is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: How do I find that out? It is in a position thatwould require me to get someone to lift it out of the corner if the model is lised on the back.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Dish has just sent me the replacement remote and everything is working except the volume part of remote. 538 did work.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

There are 3 Insignia remote codes that DISH supports- and beyond that, it would indicate their remote is not compatible with the TV (DISH decides what codes they use and what they will support). It would appear the DISH tech only tried one code. The Insignia codes for DISH are as follows:

538

539

751

If you're unable to get either of those other two codes to work, then I will need the full model number located on the back of the TV to dig deeper.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I cannot find amodel number but a December 2006 Would s781 be mode;?
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

That's not the model number. Did you try the other two codes I posted?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Did you try the "code search" function of the remote yet?

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Also, depending on which DISH remote you have, some of them can actually "Learn" your TV remote's code. Click the link below, choose your remote, and see what can be done:

https://www.mydish.com/support/products/remotes/how-to/program-to-tvother

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.