Anthony
Anthony, Technician
Experience:  20+ years in trade TV and Electronics
18621325

I have an old Kindle, model # D00901, that seems to have

Customer Question

I have an old Kindle, model # D00901, that seems to have died. I can no longer turn the page. The problems started last night. I was able to "reboot" it a couple of times successfully. Then I charged it over night about 14 hours, and it worked about 6 pages worth. It is now showing the picture of the person reading under the tree, and is stuck there. Is my Kindle really dead this time?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: The model number is ***** and it's probably around 4 years old. As far as I know, it's a plain old Kindle. I can't turn it on to see if I can find more info on the Kindle. itself.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Well, it froze once some years ago. I tried holding the on/off switch a long time, and that seemed to fix it. This current situation started yesterday evening. The switch trick worked a few times. Then it stopped working. Each time that it worked, the Kindle started up on the same page of the book I was trying to read. By the time I got got back to my most recently viewed page, I could read about 4 more pages until it quit again. I charged it for about 14 hours, and then I could read another 3 pages before it froze again.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would like to know if my Kindle has truly died.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Anthony replied 3 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Please reset the kindle by holding down the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.

Let me know if you need more help

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page) 3 to 5 stars click submit thanks again

Regards

Anthony

Expert:  Anthony replied 3 months ago.

Do you need anymore help with this please?

Anthony

Expert:  Anthony replied 3 months ago.

If you do please let me know, if you are now OK could you please rate the info positively 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, I am an independent technician I only receive credit from the site when you rate me favorably thank you.

Anthony