John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

Happy New Year. I have a Sony BluRay player that is not

Customer Question

Hi John, Happy New Year. I have a Sony BluRay player that is not playing a new Bib Bang blueray disc set. [none of the series 1 thru 9 disks]. Other blueray disks play. I was reading that the firmware can be updated and noticed a LAN connection in the back. If I hook that up is there a way to get an upgrade in firmware and possibly play these disks?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: about 5 years old and I will need to check the model on the back... please stand by
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Model BOP S480
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no. thanks Pearl
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

Sorry for the delay! A new design was put into place by the website that is blocking prompt replies to some customers. Regardless, I will do my best to provide you with excellent service. I have been helping people on this site since 2009. My main goal is to add you to the growing list of satisfied customers.

I see you were chatting with the site assistant. I am reviewing those details now and would like to hear from you asap so that I know you are ready to proceed.

NOTE: If you see a pop up for phone call service, it was not sent by me and I am not available by phone.