Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Have echomap 57dv. Unit will not power on. Have had it for 4

Customer Question

Have echomap 57dv. Unit will not power on. Have had it for 4 weeks. It was working fine now nothing. Tested power and ground to the male plugs. All fine. ??
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hello! Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com; I am Russell H., an Expert here at JustAnswer.com, and I will do what I can to answer your question as well as it can be answered.

If the voltage supplied is within the rather broad specifications and requirements of this model, and also if it stays that way even when under load, then your EchoMap has a severe problem that is covered by warranty from Garmin.

(There is no 'reset' for a not-powering-on problem with this sort of device, except perhaps to disconnect it from the power for at least 1 hour and try again. I would presume that this has already been tried, if not, it should be tried just once.)

To send it to Garmin for warranty-covered, free-of-charge repair, go to

http://www8.garmin.com/support/repair.jsp

and use the

file a claim link to start the process.

Information on Garmin warranty coverage is to be found here, for your reference - the basic information on that is, that the warranty is good for one year after purchase date:

https://www.garmin.com/support/warranty.html

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.