Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My control 4 remote control has no power -- even after

Customer Question

Hello, my control 4 remote control has no power -- even after changing the batteries. It appears to be "dead".
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I don't see the model # -- it's pretty old. Maybe 7 + years.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: We think someone may have spilled something on it:(
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks. how does this service work?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com; I am Russell H., an Expert here at JustAnswer.com, and I will do what I can to answer your question as well as it can be answered.

Unless the Control4 remote has a look of obvious residues from something spilled on it, there is no reason to believe that happened. Seven years is a long enough time for most electronic devices that failure of the device is to be expected often enough.

One thing that can be tried: taking the batteries out, cleaning the metal contacts in the battery compartment that pick the voltage off the batteries, with cotton or cotton swabs, moistened with alcohol, until those terminals are shiny and clear. Then putting in batteries and trying again.

This can address the problem of a device not working after battery leakage has occurred.

If that doesn't revive the remote, then probably you will have to replace it, unfortunately. (But if every electronic device lasted 7 years, we would all be most fortunate, for sure.)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.