Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Our Panasonic Genius 110how to stop it or what has caused

Customer Question

HI Paul. Our Panasonic Genius 110how to stop it or what has caused it0 Microwave oven has started beeping about every 4 minutes even when it is switched off and we don't know how to stop it or what caused it to start with
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Panasonic Genius 1100W about 8 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: About a week and we have used the oven still and it works ok We have switched oven off at wall and it still beeps
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com; I am Russell H., an Expert here at JustAnswer.com, and I will do what I can to answer your question as well as it can be answered.

That could be one of several problems. The easiest to fix would be, if you have left the microwave door open.

But it is more likely to be a simple malfunction of the control circuitry. This means, it may well need servicing, or replacing.

However, first tell me, how many beeps are sounding? if two beeps, that's the steam sensor signal... and, it may be falsely sensing, if that has kept on and on and on, sounding.

Also if you need advice as to where to get the microwave serviced, or how to have a house call come to fix it, let me know your local zip code, please.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Russell H. The oven only beeps once with one beep about every 4 minutes. The oven door is closed and the microwave has been switched off at the wall and it still beeps. I don't believe in ghosts either

Microwaves don't contain batteries.

Unplug it, just to see if that stops the beeping. If it does not, you have, humorously speaking, a monster microwave with its own internal independent power which is beeping ominously... and yes, taking it to a repair-service, seriously speaking, would be a good idea.

I have no data on such a one-beep ea. 4 min.s, it seems to be a recondite error condition.

If the beep persists when switched Off at the wall, but not when unplugged, then you have a power supply (perhaps) that is defective, inside the microwave.