Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My Kindle will not charge. It lights up and I can get into

Customer Question

My Kindle will not charge. It lights up and I can get into my facebook and games, however there is only 27% charge and I have had it plugged in all day and it will not charge past 27%
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I do not know. It is three years old. I received it as a gift and I just love it. It takes up a lot of time for me as I am a widow and I am alone a lot.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It did it today only. I do not know how to trouble shoot anything.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Let me know if you're still running into problems beyond that please.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this please?