Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

You're actually here at this hour to help? Ok, just bought a

Customer Question

Hi there, you're actually here at this hour to help?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Ok, just bought a 2011 65" Panasonic viera one moment on the number on the back
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: TC-P65St30 I just got the TV and want to use my Nvidia 3DTV system with it, so I want to know which glasses will work and if it will work at all
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't believe os
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Ok, I didn't know this was a paid service as the site is misleading. I decided the correct answer to my question(S), multiple questions, was worth $5. Now I may have to wait 10 minutes to a day to speak with someone after I paid money? What if I'm not available when the technician calls? I'm going to proceed as if everything will work out and be clear about my questions, then.
1.) Everything seems to indicate that this TV will work with my Nvidia 3DTV Play system, however I need to verify that officially before I start making the rather expensive investments needed to actually utilize this feature. I know that I will need active 3D glasses and the manual for this TV I downloaded from Panasonic's website says that, at the time of the printing, I would need either a TY-EW3D2S/M/L accessory for best results. That was in 2011 and I know there have been at least 4 more versions of that accessory produced since then and I need to know if they are all compatible, or which ones are, and which will give me the absolute best results. I also need to know which patch cord to get so the IR module that came with the Nvidia 3DTV Play system will properly interface with my Viera TV. It looks like the 3DTV IR module comes with a cable that has a smaller audio/video jack (forget the size, but headphone size) that ends in a 3pin DIN connector, similar to an older keyboard or mouse that plugged into the integrated motherboard. My Viera TV doesn't have one of those, but it does have a few USB ports, a few HDMI ports (I would assume the phone jack to HDMI would work?), an optical jack, and RCA's. So, that's pretty much it. Is TV compatible with Nvidia 3dTV Play. What cables and glasses do I need. Is there certain software I need for it other than the Nvidia Drivers for my GPU? Does the SD card for my TV come into play( I haven't figured out how to format the one I have to make it work in the TV yet, do I need a new one? It's a 32g.)? Basically anything I need to know about the 3D feature as it relates to my Nvidia 1060 GPU and the Nvidia 3DTV Play software and IR module. THANK YOU in advance for your patience with me and your detailed responses that are layman friendly. I'm clearly not tech savvy AT ALL, hehe. Thanks again, Dan
Expert:  Pete replied 29 days ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 29 days ago.

You will need to run a report from the TV to confirm it has the correct software on it to work with the Nvidia 3DTV system.

You can find full instructions and submit the report at:

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2774/~/how-do-i-know-if-3dtv-play-supports-my-3d-tv%3F