John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I have a krk 10s and no sound is coming out. the light on

Customer Question

I have a krk 10s and no sound is coming out. the light on the back of the unit is red. It is paired with the krk Rokit 5 monitors and they work just fine. No sub sound
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: KRK 10S
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It has been going on for about a month. I haven't really noticed because I have been using a set of Dynaudio speakers. I just started today troubleshooting and reading what may be the problem
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com; I am Russell H., an Expert here at JustAnswer.com, and I will do what I can to answer your question as well as it can be answered.

Is there any direct input to the KRK10S subwoofer? as opposed to using a wireless or Bluetooth input to it?

If so, trying to use one such direct input, to test it, would be ideal at this point... the result would tell us whether the problem is one type, the other type, or another problem.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have a direct line going into it. I am using a Digi002 rack coming out of that unit and into the KRK sub and then out from the sub to the monitors. I have music going through it right now and sound is coming from the monitors but not the sub

So the sub itself appears to either be muted, or to have a defective speaker and/or amplifier to that speaker inside the KRK sub, or else its volume control is turned all the way down... or else, just perhaps, the selection of the input is still on the Bluetooth, but not on the direct line going into it.

Which of these sounds most likely? I think the defective speaker or immediate amplifier for that speaker. But check the volume control, and the input selection (if applicable.)

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the volume is up. The light on the back is red

Which light is that, please? does it have a label next to it?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is the light by the KRK letters. It is a triangle shape and it usually is green

Red means a bad status for sure, if it usually is green when it's working.

Have you tried any kind of reset of the sub? how long has it been having this problem, please?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
About a month. how do you reset the sub?

Unplugging it - from everything - and leaving it off for 20+ minutes would be a start. (But with a problem of a month's duration, that's probably already been done.)

There may be another reset - I am looking for it....