Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

I have a 55 in. Tv smart model tc-50as53ou serial#50070308

Customer Question

I have a 55 in. Tv smart model tc-50as53ou serial#50070308 manufactured Jan 2015 I have owned for 13 months now won't turn on fron red light on left blinks thee times???
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: I just gave u info on tv. N yes on unplug
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Two days. I unplugged all cables no luck. Tried power n volume both Nadia???
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I guess not pal thanks.
Submitted: 4 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 4 days ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 days ago.

Does the red light blink 3 times, and repeat that pattern? If so, this points to a fault that's occurred on the power supply board in the set. In most cases this is a premature fault within the TV.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Ok tried twice no luck light blinks 3 times
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Ok so do you represent Panasonic?
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 days ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

Aric has opted out of the question.

To be clear, this is a 3rd party support service, we're all licensed tv techs here, but do not represent panasonic directly. They actually would not provide support at this point as the tv is no longer under their warranty. I can advise further on this if you need help still.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi Nathan please help
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 days ago.

Sure I'd be happy to,

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
what should I do now??
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 days ago.

As Aric mentioned though, this is unfortunately the result of an internal hardware failure.

This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which could include dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics testing with a multimeter, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing individual components.

If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor.

Even though the tv is not very old, replacement will still make more sense. You can get a brand new LED tv with a fresh warranty in the $400 range.

Of course you could also call and complain to panasonic - while the warranty is up and they have no obligation to do so, they may be willing to help you with this since it is just past the warranty, or to give you some discount toward a replacement.

Depending how you’d like to proceed here, I can help with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 day ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.