Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a sentry safe model CSW3910 capacity 1.2 cu foot that

Customer Question

Hi John,
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I have a sentry safe model CSW3910 capacity 1.2 cu foot that I bought and set up back in 2007 or 2008. It had the fingerprint option for opening it, and I set a combination, which after 3 moves, I've forgotten and lost the paperwork that came with the safe. It appears its cereal number is ******
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have the key with the round insert that you put into it to type in a combination, but I cannot remember it to save my earthly soul. I've tried various 4 digit, 5 digit, and 6 digit codes that seem logical for me to have used, but to no avail.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing I can think of, Ms. Wilson..
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Use the emergency key to open the safe (that's what emergency keys to Sentry Safes are for, to open the safe in an odd exigency when the batteries are dead or the combo forgotten, etc.)

As for the missing combo... you can get it again from Sentry Safes Inc, provided that you provide your proof-of-ownership to them (the original bill of sale is what they require.) See this page for details and procedures:

https://replacements.masterlock.com/lost-combo

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.