Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Two questions. 1. When I pair my S4 with my iphone5, phone

Customer Question

Two questions. 1. When I pair my S4 with my iphone5, phone states 'connected', then watch states 'forget about S4'. When I back out of setup watch states 'not connected'. 2. I play at a nine hole course called 'King Rail Reserve' in Lynnfield MA. My friends gps shows the course, but I can't see it on the S4. Please help.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the brand and model of the GPS?
Customer: Garmin S4
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Don't understand the question.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Tried reconnecting with my phone. The course fails to show up on the watch. Don't know what else to do.
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

'Forget about S4' is an option available, I think - not an error message.

So don't accept that offered option. It will undo the setup and exit the connection too like as not, and that from your account is what happens.

When you're connected, accept that as done, and proceed to use the connection.

(Unless that 'Forget about S4' message is actually a notification and not an option. In which case, it should be 'forgot about' not 'forget about' - past tense would be a notification and future tense an option to choose or reject.)

As for the second question: That probably means that your GPS needs updating, or need updated maps that include the course. I don't know how old your maps are, or how long ago they were loaded, nor for what region of the world, so tell me more about that, and I can advise you more specifically - as to whether you need to update maps, or select the right map file on your device that is already there, or do something else.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.