Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

My panasonic tv wont turn on after I turned the electricity

Customer Question

Hi, my panasonic tv wont turn on after I turned the electricity off at the mains today.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Panasonic? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: TH-P42X50Z; 6-8 years od
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I had to turn off electricity mains today and noticed that I couldn't turn on tv this evening. I have tested power point; I have checked the connection point on the tv; I have left it for 30 mins hoping it will magically turn on!
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 11 days ago.

Hi there and welcome

Are you seeing the Standby light flash red at all? If so, how many times is it flashing in a sequence?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No red standby light; nothing is turning on
Expert:  Richard replied 11 days ago.

ok, disconnect everything from the TV, all connections to other devices eg: DVD, Hifi ect as well as the power cable

Wait 10 minutes, connect only the power cable

Tell me if it then comes on please.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I did as you advised however tv still not working.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 days ago.

Thanks

It is the internal powerboard that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The warranty will be expired and I dont think that the powerboard will be replaced free of charge
Expert:  Richard replied 11 days ago.

No it will not, you would need to pay for the repair and the board costs about $120 when converting to NZ Currency. You would then need to factor in labor costs which will be dependent on the local companies around you but the operation would take no longer then 1 hour.

Expert:  Richard replied 11 days ago.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit.

Thank you