John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I've got a pioneer avh-285bt that I've had for three months

Customer Question

I've got a pioneer avh-285bt that I've had for three months I was driving along listening to the radio and it cut out picking up no signal at all, so I tried the Bluetooth with works fine thinking their could be something wrong with the unit. So I turned off the car restarted the head unit and same thing nothing on the radio but everything else works fine so I pulled out the unit thinking it might be the antenna but still nothing so I changed the unit to the original unit I had in previously and it works fine changed it back to the pioneer and still didn't work! How do I fix this I can't find any proof of purchase to be able to return the item for a new one.
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 8 days ago.

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, the described sysmptom almost always is a (internal) hardware issue.

Aare you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?