Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Engineer / Consultant
5229702

How do yuo set the time and date on the ws-2821-it weather

Customer Question

how do yuo set the time and date on the ws-2821-it weather station
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: the only info i have is it ia ws2812it it is about 5 yrs old just found it im my closet i forget i had it just took it out of box
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: justb opem
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just opend the box today tried taking batteries out pan putting them back in
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 days ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Make (brand) & Model Number of the device you are working with? I only ask because I see TWO different models mentioned in your post.

2) Has the device EVER been used or powered up before?

Please use the REPLY box below.

NOTE WELL: If you see ANY requests for "additional services" - such as a phone call - please understand that these are sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone at the moment of that request.
Feel free to DECLINE any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 10 days ago.

Hi again,

I didn't see a response here, but wanted to send the following information before I take a break for the evening.

I have a link below to a video that shows the "setup" of a very similar system to the one you have (assuming WS-2812). This video show MOST of the setup - including possible sensors - AND shows how you can use the buttons to set the date and time - starting at about the 2:20 mark in the video.

Click Here for video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DVnoXP_er8

Please give that video a look, and then try the same steps to try and set the date and time on the system.

I also have a link to the electronic (PDF) version of the manual for you below - in case you don't have one handy.

Click here for manual --> http://www.lacrossetechnology.com/media/catalog/product/w/s/ws-2812u-it_1.pdf

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.

You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)