Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

I have just purchased Windows 10 and see that there are

Customer Question

I have just purchased Windows 10 and see that there are several programs running on startup. Can you remotely disable some of those so that there are not so many running at startup?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: HP Notebook; I can give you the model number in a few seconds. I just purchased it, so it is still under warranty.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've uninstalled several programs that I don't need and don't want. Other than that, I'm afraid to deal with "running" programs because I don't want to disable something that needs to be there at startup.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Model Number is ***** purchased 11/10/2016 I did not like Microsoft Edge so installed Chrome. I also did not want Office 365 so installed 2007 Home and Office instead.
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 15 days ago.

Hi there and welcome

You can, and it will not effect the computer as they will then run when you need them to run.

I advise you though to leave the Anti Virus software running though.

To disable the programs, press CTRL + ALT + Del and click on Task Manager

Then on Startup and you can disable them there

You can also right click on them in the startup folder and select delete for ones you do not see there

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you