John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I have a pioneer stereo cassette deck it makes a noise like

Customer Question

I have a pioneer stereo cassette deck it makes a noise like sqeeeling excellent fidelity better than my Yamaha same tapes - casettss played on Yamaha. are fine model no. CT-W530R
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Pioneer is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model no. is above CT-W530R maybe 70-80 it has auto reverse continuities play dubbing Dolby b and c I think
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just started using it again I think it had problem before it didn't start at first plays the first part of tape ok then noise starts same tapes play ok in Yamaha cleaned heads and rollers with q-tips and head cleaner- radio shack- my cleaning cassettes were stolen so far as I can tell a ny can't find then or demagniser but I've used these before had no effect - it sounds absolutely great -better than my good Yamaha I want to keep it
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I know electronics some been setting up systems been a ham operator honor student in electronics I have multiple system-concept 6.5 I found in a dumpster cleaner on the switches fix that 1 pioneer elite VSX91TXH-playing thru Sherwood dual 12 inch mid and tweets Kenyon with 15 inchers
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 14 days ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Expert:  Louie replied 14 days ago.

Initially, does the described "...noise like sqeeeling..." comes from inside and is mechanical? .....or as part of the output audio signal hence heard at the speakers?