John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

Lost picture on tv. Replaced cables to double check. Also

Customer Question

Lost picture on tv. Replaced cables to double check. Also bypassed the receiver and plugged satellite box directly to tv, that's the only way it works...definitely an issue with receiver
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you had any issues with the picture before?
Customer: Negative... same issue with Apple TV... as soon as I bypass the receiver, everything works fine
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Brand new issue... trouble shooting as mentioned above. Nothing I do on Thebes's receiver works
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope, that is all
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 4 months ago.

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the receiver.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
pioneer VSX-1124-K
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i also now see that there is a 'zone 2' that is lit up when i power the receiver off. i don't see any info in the instructions on how to shut this off.
Expert:  Louie replied 4 months ago.

Appreciate the additional information.

A little more background info please:

• • is this a fresh/new install;
  • • or was it working with the TV and DirecTV paired for some time as expected and this issue of "...Lost picture on tv..." just recent/suddenly;
  • • has the connecting cable been checked/replaced;
  • • HDMI?
  • • have you considered / tried a RESET?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
been working for a year, no issues
yes, i replaced it with no change. once i bypassed the receiver and connected the direct tv box directly to the tv, that works fine. it's definitely the receiver.
not sure how to do a system reset on the receiver.
Expert:  Louie replied 4 months ago.

To turn Off Zone 2, press Z2 on the remote and then STANDBY/ON. To return to controlling the Pioneer, press MAIN and then STANDBY/ON.

Consider a RESET. A reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed. If have not been done and should you venture to try: Please click HERE.

May have to be done a number of times.

This is very critical - a reset however would not be corrective of an (internal) hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose/cause other issues.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thanks....i'm done. apparently you are racking up my credit card... wtf???
Expert:  Louie replied 4 months ago.

Sorry but my participation is strictly limited to technical, repair and/or installation issues as can be viewed above. Has your concern been resolved?

On "... credit card..." and billings & payments concerns are best addressed by Customer Support.