Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

This morning between 2:00 and 2:30, one of my Kidde Brand

Customer Question

This morning between 2:00 and 2:30, one of my Kidde Brand smoke detectors sounded, "Beep Beep Beep" once. It hasn't sounded since. I had these smoke detectors installed in April of 2013. There was no fire or smoky smell. Could it be that the battery is going weak? From what I read on the device itself, they are supposed to last approximately 10 years, and you cannot take out the battery and replace it in these type of smoke alarms. At the end of its life, the whole thing has to be disposed of. Thanks for any help or suggestions you might be able to offer me.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 16 days ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

This is likley just a bad 9 volt battery. But when you go to replace it, remove the old battery, then wait 60 full minutes before adding the new battery, that will allow the unit to fully reset;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael